Fields of Poetry

I don't know how to love him
What to do, how to move him
I've been changed. Yes, really changed
In these past few days when I've seen myself
I seem like someone else . . .

Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Adorable and Introverted Teddy Bear

My adorable and introverted Teddy Bear,
a Mr. with a top hat and a cane
sitting at my table on a Sunday afternoon
with a wooly smile and bits of loosened skein;
sipping tea
nervously,
with dainty hands in gloves of white,
I know ...
Why he hides
his face
in a mascot, oh!

I ...


am to blame ...

My adorable and introverted Teddy Bear,
I know now just how much he cares for me:
Longing to be in my sweet company,
he'd hide even his own identity!
So I wouldn't fear
Mr. Teddy Bear, oh dear!



Now I'm wondering, who can he be?

No comments:

Post a Comment