Fields of Poetry

I don't know how to love him
What to do, how to move him
I've been changed. Yes, really changed
In these past few days when I've seen myself
I seem like someone else . . .

Friday, January 16, 2009

The day that we promised
to meet at the promenade
the pendant that you sent me
shone brighter than the stars

And I knew just how excited you are
to see me
Imagine how delighted I'll be
to see you

Together in the town, where we'll be strolling with Time
laughing and talking of our silly little lives

On the urbane streets to the bus stop
that morning
Who amongst the passersby will stop
and be mourning
When they see me there lying by the motorbike and its rider
smiling with you on my mind?

The day that I promised
we would meet at the promenade
the pendant that you gave me
shone brighter than the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment