Fields of Poetry

I don't know how to love him
What to do, how to move him
I've been changed. Yes, really changed
In these past few days when I've seen myself
I seem like someone else . . .

Friday, November 7, 2008

Butterfly that Flutterby

Butterfly that flutter-by
By Pmel Oki




Butterfly that flutter-by

with wings of mirroring charm

and silent singing of warmth

dancing in the light of the sun;

I long to hear

Your elysian hymn

that versatile melic, dear -

to the hearts of the aging

canaille

that happily tread

the mills,

forgotten have they of your will:

Butterfly that flutter-by

of grandiose beauty seen,

a Sandman’s gift

Of eternal bliss

that send our wish to Him.









Note by the Author:

Inspired by a Native American Papago Legend.



Terms and Meanings:

canaille: proletariat, workers

versatile: flexible

melic: verses intended to be sung

elysian: paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment